Sunday, December 28, 2008
1) I'm looking forward to starting the new year...many people always say that it will be a new beginning and better things to come, and sometimes that's not always the case, but I'm hoping and praying that it really will be this time.
2) These last several months have been a rather difficult time in my life...I never expected to be going through many of the things I am now. I honestly feel like I'm not sure who I am.
3) I know that there are bigger and better things in store for us coming up soon and I am trying to have trust enough to keep believing that.
4) It's not easy to let the past go and look toward better things when so many things seemed to have gone wrong before...
5) I'm thankful to have Ignacio here with me who helps me to focus on the brighter things in life. He is such a positive person by nature...I'm not sure how he does it.
6) I'm also thankful for my mom and dad who have helped me much more than parents should have to at this point, I hope someday I'll be able to repay them for all they have done for me.
7) Writing all of these thoughts has helped me feel better...
8) Blogging is a very interesting concept. It's hard for me to decide if I actually want to post this one, but I guess since I took the time to type it, I'm better off posting it.
9) It's nice to know that you can share things with family and friends who care about your life.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
My mom tagged me...
1) Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like to use plain gift bags and dress them up with pretty ribbon, I probably go overboard…(no..how could that be?)
2) Real or Artificial tree? Artificial.
3) When do you put your tree up? Sometime in the few days before or after Thanksgiving.
4) When do you take your tree down? A day or two before New Year's.
5) Do you like eggnog? I've actually never had it, but I don’t think I would like it.
6) Favorite gift received as a child? I always liked it when I got a new bicycle.
7) Hardest person to buy for? MY DAD!!!
8) Easiest person to buy for? My mom, she's easy to please.
9) Do you have a nativity scene? No, not yet.
10) Mail or e-mail Christmas Cards? I like to mail them, but unfortunately, I didn't get to it this year.
11) Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmm, it's never bad when people give you things!
12) Favorite Christmas Movie? I like Elf, it's cute.
13) When do you start shopping for Christmas? Not nearly soon enough...but that's part of the fun.
14) Do you hang mistletoe? No...
15) Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cherry candy canes!
16) Lights on tree? Little colored lights.
17) Favorite Christmas Song? I can't pick a favorite, I have 3 or 4 mixed cd's of Christmas music in my car...I love them all!!!
18) Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year I will travel back to Childress and Wellington.
19) Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I didn't cheat, I'm just not going to give it any effort. But that commercial of that little girl trying to name them is funny when she says Nixon.
20) Angel or Star on top of tree? Star.
21) Open the presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Christmas eve we open them at my mom’s, my grandparents in Wellington, and Ignacio’s family’s house. Christmas day is at my Honeyma’s.
22) Most annoying thing about this time of year? Hmm...everyone tends to drive crazy on the highways and also they tend to act crazy in the stores. Not me though…
23) Favorite ornament theme or color? I love the ornaments my mom used to use, they are little porcelain Wise men, Baby Jesus, a lamb, etc...she gave them to me, I just love them!
24) Favorite for Christmas Dinner? The usual turkey and all the fixins.
25) What do you want for Christmas this year? I really don't want much, I would like for it to snow, but I just want to spend time with my family.
26) Who do you tag? Anyone who would like to participate!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and I hope that you all can enjoy happy holidays with the ones you love!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
First of all, I am new to the blogosphere and I'm not sure yet how it works. My mom keeps telling me to get one, so I finally did. I doubt that it will be very interesting or that I will have much to say now, but I will give it a shot.
I decided to start with My 8's.8 TV Shows I Love To Watch:
1. Grey's Anatomy
2. How I Met Your Mother
3. Friends (Yes, still.)
4. Law & Order: SVU
5. Two & A Half Men
8. The Girls Next Door (Don't ask.)
8 Favorite Restaurants:
3. Pete's Cafe
4. McBride's Steakhouse
5. Steak & Ale (Although it's closed now...)
6. The Parkway Grill
8. Texas Roadhouse
8 Things That Happened Today:
1. Woke up.
2. TV watching.
4. A package came in the mail.
5. Little baby kicks.
6. Ordered pizza.
7. A shower.
8. Some phone calls.
8 Things I am looking Forward To:
1. March - The baby will be here!
4. Feeling like normal again.
5. Seeing my family.
6. Seeing Cam.
8. A clean house.
8 Things On My Wishlist:
1. A healthy/happy baby.
2. A white Christmas.
3. Happy Holidays.
4. Getting healthier.
5. A video camera.
6. Being debt free.
7. Everyone to just get along.
8. A strong relationship.